Monday 4 May 2015

NO APOLOGIES

I don't have to apologize for being a smart Alec
brimming with wisdom only god Zeus can comprehend
there will be no sorry for being me

a princess endowed by mother nature with all the curves and fullness of a woman
like a pretty Venus my eyes shines
like queen Moremi regaled
its Yemoja I'm modeled after


no apologies for being a queen of color
bronzed like the setting dusk
emerald after the rising sun
chiseled like Cleopatra
with dentiture carved like unto the African lioness


ask no apologies for my worth
silver weigh less than my virtue
gold still in deficit of my pride
rubies yet to measure my heritage
I am the daughter of Mormon goddess


wait not on apologies for  whom I love
like mars I’m taken to my kind
fashioned after the similitude of Sango and
I will never apologies for being me
with character glassed in transparency I'm built
and a mantra sculpted in humanity
I can never play your role
I can be better than no one but me

No comments:

Post a Comment