Monday 11 May 2015

Dreams Impossible


My nights are filled with dreams of
a mother holding me tight to her bosom and
covering my faces with warm kisses

My days are filled with wishes for
a father lifting and spinning
me high up in the air

And when my thoughts wander
I dream of having protective brothers and
lovely caring sisters and a pet or two

I dream of dreams that make
my friends say I’m crazy but I know there
are other dreamers like me out there

I dream of attending exotic schools and
becoming a doctor or an engineer or
someone important

I dream of fun adventures and
exciting holiday trips and
dreams known only to me
But most of all, I dream
of love and happiness and joy and
all those free emotions that you enjoy

I dream dreams… impossible dreams
(by Azizat Mohammed)

 courtesy Abuja Literary Society

No comments:

Post a Comment